US Dollar News Stories
Following U.S. Dollar news is the key to trading fundamentally. Below you can find links to articles in the news that discuss market fundamentals that could potentially affect the price of U.S. Dollar on the CME commodities exchange. Before you invest in theUS Dollar futures market you should do your own research.
1. Reuters.com "Speculators boost long US dollar bets in latest week-CFTC" November 16, 2012
Currency speculators boosted bets in favor of the U.S. dollar in the latest week, according to data from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission released on Friday.
2. Bloomberg.com "Euro Falls Versus Dollar as U.S. Economic Data Trails" September 28, 2012
The U.S. currency strengthened versus all but two of its 16 most-traded counterparts after the Institute for Supply Management-Chicago Inc. said its business barometer fell for the first time in three years, signaling contraction.
3. Bloomberg.com “Dollar Shortage Seen In $2 Trillion Gap Says Morgan Stanley” June 18, 2012
Central banks rebuilding foreign- exchange reserves at the fastest pace since 2004 are crowding out private investors seeking U.S. dollars, boosting demand even as the Federal Reserve considers printing more currency.
4. Bloomberg.com “Dollar Weakens Before Fed Ends Meeting; Pound Declines” April 25, 2012
The Dollar Index (DXY) declined as U.S. durable-goods orders fell by the most in three years, a sign the world’s largest economy is slowing
5. Bloomberg.com “Dollar Appreciates as U.S. Adds More Jobs, Damping Fed’s Easing Outlook” February 3, 2012
The dollar gained, recovering from an almost postwar low against the yen, after U.S. employers added more jobs than forecast, damping speculation the Federal Reserve will add another round of asset purchases to spur growth.
6. DailyFX.com "Dollar Faces the Market's Judgement on a S&P Downgrade to AA+ Monday" August 6, 2011
US market conditions took a serious turn for the worst after the close on Friday. The most rudimentary interpretaition of this after-hours announcement is that global investors will simply abandon US Treasuries and dollar in mass to avoid the speculative crush that could theoretically hit come Monday's open.
7. Dailyfx.com "Dollar Index Set to Keep Climbing With ECB Hike Priced-In" July 7, 2011
The Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index added another day of gains to its recent multi-day run of gains off recent lows by 9550 which came as the index bounced off rising trend line support off early May lows.
8. Inthemoneystocks.com "U.S. Dollar Index Drops Again" March 18, 2011
The US Dollar Index is now approaching its November 4, 2010 low at $75.63. The US Dollar Index has now declined by nearly 15.0 percent since June 2010. How low can the US Dollar Index actually go?
9. Bloomberg.com "Dollar Index Gains After US Economic Growth Trailed Estimate" Feburary 25, 2011
The dollar remained higher against a basket of currencies of its major trade partners after data showed U.S. economic growth in the fourth quarter was slower than initially estimated.
10. Bloomberg.com "Dollar Extemds Gains on Signs U.S. Recovery is Picking Up" January 3. 2010
“Growth in the U.S. seems to be picking up,” said Yuji Saito, director of the foreign-exchange department at Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank in Tokyo. “This is likely to be positive for the dollar and negative for the yen.”
11. Bloomberg.com "Dollar Falls as U.S. Bank Rescue Effort May Reach $2 Trillion" February 9th, 2009
The dollar fell against the yen after Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner pledged government financing that may reach $2 trillion to spur lending and address toxic assets choking banks’ balance sheets.
Click here to contact a licensed commodity broker with experience in the USD Index market.